Top tips if you are making or receiving deliveries:
Firstly, consider if you are able to volunteer to do someone’s shopping at this time. DO NOT volunteer if:
you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a fever or new continuous cough)
you should be self-isolating or part of a family who should be isolating
You are in a group being ‘strongly advised’ to socially (physically) distance themselves from others, or you have been told to shield because you are extremely vulnerable.
PLEASE DO NOT ENCOURAGE VULNERABLE PEOPLE TO DISPLAY REQUESTS FOR HELP VIA NOTES OR CARDS IN THEIR WINDOWS/DOORS.
Criminals can take advantage of this.
• Consider others whilst shopping. Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times.
• Wash hands (or use hand sanitiser if you have some) before and after every delivery
• Knock on a part of the door which would not usually be used (e.g. top left)
• Put deliveries on doorstep, and step back to preserve the advised 2 metres of social distance, do not enter the house unless absolutely essential.
• If it is essential to enter the house (e.g. where a person is physically unable to carry their own shopping into the house/lift bags onto the worktop), wash your hands, or use hand sanitiser, before and after entering the house.
• Direct the person receiving the shopping to wash their hands after delivery and also after packing it away.